WRN | RECENT AND UPCOMING EVENTS
Sep 05, 2023 - Social ReleasePrint this page
In early August WRN was excited to host Yukon’s Premier Ranj Pillai and Canada’s Federal Minister of Innovation, Science and Industry Francois-Philippe Champagne at our Casino Copper-Gold Project. Following their visit Premier Pillai issued a statement, saying “Strategic investments are essential to ensuring sustainable mineral development in the North. To do this, we are working closely with industry, Ottawa and on a government-to-government basis with Yukon First Nations.” (click here for the statement)
Minister Champagne hosted several media interviews following the visit to Casino and stated: “This is the land of opportunity. Yukon has pretty much all the critical minerals to power the economy of the 21st century”
The Yukon has secured strong federal government commitment to economic development opportunities, critical minerals and infrastructure within the Yukon. Following discussions on the B.C. energy grid connection with the Federal government, Premier Pillai stated “We believe discussions can lead to financial commitment towards early-stage investment in the grid connection.”
Media articles on the government’s commitments and commentary can be viewed by clicking the links below:
- ‘Nation-building moment’: Yukon eyes connection to B.C. electricity grid; Globe and Mail – August 19, 2023
- This is the land of opportunity: Champagne; Whitehorse Star – August 14, 2023
- CKRW article and radio interview (remarks on Casino start at 3:12); CKRW – August 10, 2023
- Comment: Canada must make major investments in the north: Pillai; Whitehorse Star – July 26, 2023
- Comment: Canada’s investment in the north essential: Pillai; Whitehorse Star – July 17, 2023
- Pillai covered a range of issues with co-premiers; Whitehorse Star – July 14, 2023
- Infrastructure investment is essential, premiers say; Whitehorse Star – June 28, 2023
- Pillai secures ’strong commitment’ for hydro plan; Whitehorse Star – May 10, 2023
- Opinion: Yukonomist: Connecting to the big grid; Yukon News – May 7, 2023
- More diesel generators, link to B.C. grid envisioned; Whitehorse Star – April 21, 2023
Western Copper and Gold’s President & CEO, Paul West-Sells is joined by Yukon’s Premier Ranj Pillai and Canada’s Minister of Innovation, Science and Industry, Francois-Philippe Champagne on a tour of the Casino Copper-Gold Project in the Yukon
Over the last few months WRN has participated in several events engaging with new and existing shareholders and providing updates on Company developments. A summary of those events are listed below.
President & CEO, Paul West-Sells recently sat down with Mining Stock Daily, The Ellis Martin Report and BTV, click the links below for the replays:
Western Copper and Gold will be attending and hosting 1x1s and corporate presentations at several in person conferences; including:
- Sept 12-15 Precious Metals Summit, Beaver Creek, CO
- Sept 17-20 Denver Gold Forum, Colorado Springs, CO
- John Tumazos Very Independent Research Conference, Virtual
- Nov 17-19 CEM Capital Event Conference, Hollywood, FL
Recently we attended:
- June 15-16 RBC Global Mining and Materials Conference, New York, NY
- June 19-21 THE Mining Investment Event of the North, Quebec City, QC
- Replay of WRN’s fireside chat with Matthew Gordon from Crux Investor can be viewed here
- July 17-21 YMA Invest Yukon Conference and Casino Property Tour hosted by YMA, Dawson City, Yukon
RECENT WRN NEWS…
Visit the WRN website for our updated corporate presentation.
We are always happy to connect to update you on advancements and activities related to the Casino Copper-Gold Project. Feel free to contact us directly.
Director, Investor Relations
ABOUT WESTERN COPPER AND GOLD CORPORATION
Western Copper and Gold Corporation is developing the Casino Project, Canada’s premier copper-gold mine in the Yukon Territory and one of the most economic greenfield copper-gold mining projects in the world.
The Company is committed to working collaboratively with our First Nations and local communities to progress the Casino Project using internationally recognized responsible mining technologies and practices.
For more information, visit www.westerncopperandgold.com.